Amazon Advertising plays a very strong role during the busy holiday period. Many sellers begin investing as early as October to capitalise on the increased traffic coming to Amazon. That being said, is best practice to have advertising running throughout the whole year to continue product visibility, build up product ranking and test and optimise campaigns ready for a peak!
Recently, we worked with a Midland-based, family-run business. Check out the case study below to see how we helped to improve their sales.
HOW OUR TEAM HELPED
We started work by completing product optimisation in July, ensuring all product pages were complete with relevant keywords. We used tools such as Sonar to research most common customer search terms. We also looked into reverse ASIN search queries of the most popular products.
Whilst we were working on product optimisation, we began setting up advertising. This ensured that before our SEO ranking improved, the products were ranking highly in search results with advertising; as well as giving us enough time to test campaigns, seeing what worked, what didn’t and gather informative search term and placement data, ready for the peak.
WHAT DID WE DO?
- We used Automatic Targeting campaigns to generate traffic to our pages and drive sales via the on-page search terms
- Used the Amazon Search Term Report to understand what keywords were and weren’t working
- Used reverse ASIN keywords to generate additional keywords
- Created Manual Targeting campaigns with targeted keywords from the search term report & keyword tools
- Optimised Manual Targeting campaigns with bid adjustments based on placement and negative keywords
- Used all match types in Manual KW campaigns, utilising Exact Match for top converting search terms
- Implemented Bid Down Strategy with 20% + bid for “the top of the search”
- Targeted own products as a defensive strategy
- 56% of the November, December and January sales were driven by advertising sales
- Overall ACoS was maintained at around 12%
- ROAS £8.11:1 i.e. £8.11 revenue generated with every £1.00 spend
November-December Advertising Sales
November-December Total Sales